Fukai MFG Co., Ltd.

Corporate History

1938

Established in Tochigi-ken, Ashikaga-shi, Kotobuki-cho as Fukai MFG Co. Ltd. as a plant affiliated with Nakajima Aircraft Industries Ltd. (forerunner of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.) with capital of 190,000 yen.

1945

Switched to private industry based on cessation of hostilities

1949

Start of business with Fujisangyo Co., Ltd. (forerunner of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.)

1951

Received orders for scooter molds from Fuji Kogyo Ltd. (forerunner of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.)

1953

Became an affiliated plant with the establishment of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. and continued to receive orders for scooter molds and parts.

1954

Capital increased to 3.04 million yen, the site was expanded, building added onto, and facilities were augmented. (Newly installed a 750 ton hydraulic press)

1958

Received orders for parts for the "Subaru 360" from Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.

1960

Newly established a second plant. This became a plant affiliated with Fuji Precision Industries Co., Ltd. (became Prince Motor Company, Ltd. in 1961) and received orders for automotive components.

1963

Increased capital to 20 million yen.

1965

Built a new plant in Mikuriya Industrial Park. Built a large press line as well as a welding and assembly line.

1966

In conjunction with the merger of Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. and Prince Motor Company Ltd., became a plant affiliated with Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.

1969

Became a plant affiliated with Kubota Iron Works Co., Ltd. (forerunner of Kubota Corporation) and received orders for agricultural machinery parts. Also, formed a joint venture with Yamakawa Industrial Co., Ltd. (currently Unipres Corporation)

1970

Increased capital to 40 million yen.

1973

Increased capital to 60 million yen. Newly installed a 400 ton press line.

1980

Added an additional press plant and newly installed a 600 ton transfer press. Promoted automation of press forming.

1981

NC vertical boring machine installed in the machine and tool factory.

1982

Introduced a spot welding robot promoting automation of weld operation.

1983

Added on to the machine and tool factory and reinforced die manufacturing capability through introduction of a large NC vertical boring machine and die sinking machine. Also, a 300 ton progressive press was installed in the press plant.

1984

Added an additional press plant and installed a 1,600 ton transfer press. Dramatically increased automation of press forming.
Started production control online system using a computer.

1986

Installed a large electric powered robot used for handling.

1988

Reached 50th anniversary of the company.
Established Ota Plant and Nitta Plant and launched a new area of industrial machinery.

1991

Introduced CAD/CAM. Promoted streamlining the management from design to manufacturing.

1992

Acquired a site for Otsuki Plant (current headquarters plant). Start of plant construction.
Introduction of a three dimensional laser forming machine.

1993

Completion and startup of tandem press robot automation line.
August, launch of Otsuki Plant (current headquarters plant) operation.

1997

Consolidated all plants to Otsuki Plant (current headquarters plant).
Introduced 5-surface processing machining center at the machine and tool factory.
Started to receive orders for Honda automotive components based on business with F-TECH Inc.

1998

Acquired ISO 9001 Certification

1999

Introduced a three-dimensional laser welding machine

2000

Introduced a 3-ton fatigue testing machine. Introduction of a portable fatigue test machine and Auto Form

2001

Introduction of ROBCAD

2002

Decision to use practical production of automotive parts using the tailored blank method.

2003

Acquired QS9000 certification

2004

Acquired ISO/TS16949 certification

2005

Acquired ISO 14001 certification
Added a press plant, installed a 2,700 ton transfer press
Acquired Komaba Plant for dedicated equipment and jig production and started operation

2007

Increased capital to 70 million yen

2009

Installed a plant gate unmanned control system in April
Acquired a "Heat Insulator" patent
Introduced a digital microscope

2011

Added a press plant in March and
installed a 1,000 ton blanking press

2013

Introduced an embrella roll forming machine in May
Installed a new 2,700 ton transfer press in June